You may have read an earlier post where I am striving to interject more fun moments in my life instead of working or completing projects all the time. I promised that I would give updates on how I am doing. Here goes…since January 8th (time of first post):
- I’ve gone out to dinner with friends in another city. Most may not consider this too high up on the fun scale, but you need to meet my friends. The husband (Len) is as close to being John Candy as you can get. It was a non stop evening of laughter. We ended up closing down the place!
- We took our staff out for a belated Christmas dinner…the lead up to Christmas was too busy to get everyone together. It was good to interact more on a personal level.
- I reconnected with several friends who live far away. It is so easy to let too much time go by without making the effort to talk.
- I’ve taken several long baths complete with candles, a glass of wine and a good book (not a business or educational book either!).
- I have taken one Sunday and one Saturday and did not fill it with jobs…I just relaxed…read a book, surfed the net, watched some TV.
- My husband and I lied in bed one night talking and laughing for over an hour…usually one of us has fallen asleep before the other one even gets in bed.
- During the holidays my in-laws and I made a video for family that wasn’t there. This really was outside of all of our comfort zones (except the teenage girls!). I have mustard up the courage to post it and you can check it out this coming Sunday on our Lighter Side Posts.
So as you can see I haven’t graduated to impromptu dancing in the streets, but I have inserted more fun in these last two weeks then I have had in at least the last two months. In the weeks to come, I will be visiting my nephews in another city and taking them out for dinner and a movie, I will be skiing with friends (haven’t skied in over 8 years – yikes!), my brother will be visiting (so that means no working late), I’m going to a super bowl party, and if my work travel plans pan out I will be adding a day or two onto the trip and enjoy sunny Florida.
What is interesting to note, is that in these past two weeks, my workload has also increased with the addition of another committee board that I sit on and more objectives at work. Despite this, I have managed to increase my fun quota as well as not shirk any responsibilities at home.
Hmmm…maybe I can have my cake and eat it too! LOL
How are your goals/resolutions coming along?